Friday, November 17, 2017

Quiet Books from My Past!

I am all about memories.. and here are two! 37 years ago, I made these quiet books for my daughter. She loved them! I saved them just for out of house times when I had to take her and she had to be quiet, or sit still or not be able to play much for an extended period of time, like doctor's office, church, resturant, road trips, etc.

Check them out... some things never change! Some of the same pages ideas in this quiet book are still popular in quiet books today! The difference? Back then, we didn't have the internet so to get patterns we relied on McCalls or Simplicity and coloring books! But...it worked!

Check out these two videos and leave a comment...tell me what you think! I made them 37 years ago... keep that in mind!!!




To see all the quiet book videos I have done for quiet books I have made... this link will take you to all of them here on my blog....   Quiet Books Handmade    
                                      
                                            Don't forget to join to follow my blog!

Thanks for stopping by and...keep on preserving those memories!
Want to read more at Fabric and Memories? CLICK HERE

This post is linked to the Linky Party for the day. Click on the "Daily Linky Parties" tab at the top of my page and join us!

2 comments:

  1. Loved both of the books Cheri! If you hadn't told me, I wouldn't have known that you made them a long time ago. They look much like the ones today. I can remember making some about 30 years ago for a craft store, but I don't think mine were as awesome as yours. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Joyce! yeah, many of the activities are the same today! I did notice tho... a common page today is taking socks and putting them in washer and dryer (to match colors) and on mine... it was hang the clothes on the clothes line!!! Times change but activities apparently don't!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Craftsy