Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Capes for the Girl Scouts!!

Hello everyone!  It has been awhile since I did a post last, you know how it goes... time gets the better of you! So much going on in life!  But I did want to share this with you all. Yes, my blog is about memories, but also crafts to make memories. Here is about my recent memory!

My grand daughters are 10, 7 and 6. They are all in Girl Scouts. 10 is a Junior, 7 is Brownie and 6 is a Daisy. That means green, brown and blue colors!  They are currently in Cookie Booth time selling Girl Scout cookies! Their favorite place is in front of Lowe's Home Improvement store!  Yes, they sell about 200 every time there! I am the "second in command"...the leader is their mother. They little ones do so well selling and not getting mad when people are rude to them.  I had mentioned to them to speak up and talk louder cause the traffic from the street and the sound the carts make on the concrete..it is hard to hear over that! Next thing I know,   I hear the 7 year old one talking to the 10 year old one, saying.."We have to talk loud so we can sell. Cute sells, and we are cute, so now we just have to talk  loud!". I had to walk away so they didn't catch me laughing! But how true it is! Those little faces and happy voices, get those grumpy old grandpas every time! They'd ask and the grumpy grandpa either ignores and walks by or says something grumpy to them and walks on... literally 9 out of 10 times...they will turn around and come back and buy a box! Some times they just give them $5 and tell them to buy themselves a box! But they got those old codgers every time!


 Well, I say that to say this. I decided to make them each a cape to wear.  It goes from hot to cold and back again, and I thought the capes would be good and I'd make them in their own colors. Sorry the pic is sideways, I don't know how to make it right! I am still in the 20th century on most things! We just developed the film back then and all was well with the world!

Long story short.. I finally finished them last week! They loved them! I made them reversible... the one side fleece in their Girl Scout color to wear when they are doing anything girl scout related, and the other side is a "ty-dyed" flannel print. The buttons are large so easy to button, but they look like gems so they think that is just the best! So.. here are two of them (the third one was sick this day)
I am sorry they are sideways. I took them with my cell phone vertically, the right way, but when they showed up in the gallery (later at home!) they were like this and my photo editor won't rotate them without cutting the taller ones head off! It was VERY cold this day!

Good memories here. And.. I will remember this too.. IF I EVER work with stretchy fleece again, it will not be reversible!  Boy howdy, did I have a time with it! I looked at it, and it stretched!  Now that I have calmed down, I might work with it again, but... lined with a thin broadcloth only!!!

Thanks for stopping by and...keep on preserving those memories!
Want to read more at Fabric and Memories? CLICK HERE

This post is linked to the Linky Party for the day. Click on the "Daily Linky Parties" tab at the top of my page and join us!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Craftsy